DoctorBill wrote:
> In total ignorance - I ask here as I don't know where to ask !
>
> Somehow I got into this Mozilla newsgroup - can't remember how - long time
> ago.
>
> I want to ask questions about Windows 7 and when googling, I found that there
> is
> a Newsgroup called "alt.windows7.general" - found on "www.w7forums.com/".
>
> Is that Newsgroup anything like THIS news group (Mozilla.org) which I access
> thru my SM Mail ?
>
> If so, I have NO CLUE how to set it up (account?).
>
> Most highly confused DoctorBill

I would agree that news.eternal-september.org would be a good choice for
subscribing to newsgroups. To set it up, you can follow the instructions shown
here:

http://ilias.ca/moznewsgroups-sm

for how to set up the newsgroup account for news.mozilla.org. However, wherever
you see news.mozilla.org in the above instruction, just replace it with
news.eternal-september.org

Please note that in order to use news.eternal-september.org, you will first have
to register but it is all free. The link for registration is here:
https://www.eternal-september.org/RegisterNewsAccount.php?language=en