On 5/25/17, Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Most icons to me are useless, but particularly so for favicons, too tiny to
> present meaning, besides a waste of space and processing overhead. I'd like
> be able to archive bookmarks in HTML form without the bloat favicons
> represent.
>
> Does anyone know of any way this can be done, extension maybe?

I can't stand them, so maybe don't allow them in the first place?

alerts.showFavicons   false
browser.chrome.favicons  false
browser.chrome.image_icons.max_size  0
browser.chrome.load_toolbar_icons  0
browser.chrome.site_icons  false

and
browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML  true

I just took a quick look thru the auto-saved bookmarks.html and didn't
see any icons - even searching for "icon" didn't show anything that
looked like an icon.  What keyword should I be searching for?

Lee