DoctorBill composed on 2017-06-08 18:47 (UTC-0700):
.
> I am not a greatly knowledgeable user - so please explain the Jargon if
> you try to explain
> to me what kind of file it is.....and what to edit it with.
.
places.sqlite is a binary database blob (file) of type sqlite.
http://sqlitebrowser.org/ is home of an app available to do things with it, but
whether you could do any sorting and keep it compatible with SM, or at all, I
have no idea.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/