Ray_Net wrote on 17-06-17 00:56:
Jonathan N. Little wrote on 16-06-17 17:38:
Ray_Net wrote:
NO ! You are not responsible for that.
You should ask your sister to attach the .jpg ... instead of a
MICROSOFT_ONLY stuff.

If she is using Outlook I think it is going to be sent in this damn proprietary winmail.dat format. My brother-in-law used Outlook and I would get stuff from him in that format. I think she would have to use a non-Outlook client in order to send it as a standard attachment. How confident are you at convincing her to drop Outlook?

Ce n'est pourtant pas compliqué de suivre ces instructions .....

https://www.lifewire.com/prevent-sending-winmail-dat-attachments-1173717
Oups, sorry I wrote it in french :-)
So: It is not so complicated to follow those instructions.

https://www.lifewire.com/prevent-sending-winmail-dat-attachments-1173717

I did not have outlook.exe, but I have an account here https://login.live.com and so able to send a mail with my hotmail adress and the attached jpg is a jpg file attachment not a winmail.dat.