Stanimir Stamenkov wrote on 6/23/2017 4:27 PM:
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 09:42:39 -0400, /rickman/:

My computer ran out of battery and had to be rebooted.  Seamonkey comes up
ok and I am able to read newsgroups fine.  But when I open the browser I
am not able to get the restore to work.  It opens a new window, but
nothing shows up.

I found this was because a new tab had been opened in the initial browser
window.  Once that was closed the restore worked fine.

I don't have this issue with any of the other browsers I use.  Is this
expected?  Often when I am recovering from a PC crash the SeaMonkey
browser gets opened by clicking a link in a newsgroup.  So it will happen
from time to time that a tab will already be open when I try to do a
restore.  I guess I'll just have to remember to close that extra tab.

I've also found problem using the session restore if I open a new tab/page
(from Mail & News, as that's what opens first in my configuration) before I
get to restore the crashed session.  I have to find time filling a bug about
it.

Just another piece of info, I had closed the browser and saved context when prompted. This time I clicked a link in a newsgroup post which opened the browser and that link was the first tab while all the previously open tabs also opened. Go figure. I'm not sure how to reproduce the original problem.

--

Rick C