Brooke Clarke wrote:
Hi:

In Seamonkey Version 2.46 \ Help \ Check for updates - I get this error
window:
Update Failed
There were problems checking for, downloading, or installing this
update.  SeaMonkey could not be updated because:
Update XML file malformed (200)

Another example of an update failure with a different message was posted recently, which also affected my system the same way. The fix was to add the update URL as an exception to my AVG antivirus 'Online Shield' component so it doesn't block the site. You may want to see if the same type of thing can be done for your AV install.

The URL to ignore checks on was 'https://aus2-community.mozilla.org/'.