meagain wrote on 25-07-17 20:01:
On 7/25/2017 11:45 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
meagain wrote on 25-07-17 17:14:
On 7/25/2017 10:46 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/25/2017 6:33 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
meagain wrote on 25-07-17 13:46:
Why do I have to make backups of the SM 'profile' - couldn't the
profile
just be in Dropbox?
If you do an action that destroy your profile, It will be destroyed in
your dropbox.

It's not so difficult to copy, when SM in not running, your current
profile:
C:\Users\<myuser>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\ey8r9gln.default

Into per exemple this directory:
C:\MYBACKUP\SM\PROFILE\2.46\2017-july-17\

My five profiles are NOT anywhere on my C-drive. I believe I am not the
only SeaMonkey user who has put profiles elsewhere.

To find your profiles, enter about:profiles in SeaMonkey's address area
(URI area).

Dropbox has a directory "Apps" where some applications store their
data, each in its own folder. In case of damage DB backs-up all
versions for a month (free).

So, David, how does one 'move' a profile to another c-drive?

Will the dropbox backup occurs when SM is not running ?

When a file is not 'in use' Dropbox indexes it (creates a CRC) then uploads it (using the CRC to make sure it matches - actually the CRC is on each piece of 5MB or so). The backup store is done when the file is replaced.
I hate those automatic actions ... never sure that the backup occur at a right time.