On 7/25/2017 11:23 PM, Desiree wrote:
I just updated Java on Windows 8 both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.  Pale
Moon sees the latest version for 64 bit browsers (and I ran Netalyzer
with no problems).  SeaMonkey 2.46 (and Fx 45.9 ESR) do NOT see the new
32 bit version.  Why?

Also, before I updated, I checked Plugins at Mozilla's Plugin check site
and the earlier version of Java was detected on both SeaMonkey and Fx
and Mozilla said the EARLIER VERSION was up to date!  That is wrong.
Now, when I check at Mozilla's plugin site check, NO Java version is
shown!

How do I get SeaMonkey to see and use the latest Java?

I got it fixed. I finally downloaded the 32 bit version again and installed it. That worked and SeaMonkey and Firefox immediately saw and can use the latest Java now.