rickman wrote:
rickman wrote on 8/12/2017 4:24 PM:
There are times when the cursor turns to an hour glass and the
status bar shows the stripe of green like it is loading a message
or something similar, but nothing appears to be going on.  The
status line will read "news.mozilla.org: There are no messages on
the server".

Any ideas or is this another of the many Seamonkey bugs we live
with?

I forgot to mention that the only way to end this problem is to kill
the program and restart it.  Then it doesn't happen for a while.

I'm getting this, too, usually if SM gets messages in background while running mlb gameday. CPU sticks at 25% (I have four processors, so it seems to be maxing one of them out), and RAM is two or three gigs, far more than usual. The screen pales, and the spinning ring persists for five or ten minutes or until I give up and force a shutdown.

After I force it to close, the first thing I do on restart is clear private data, including cache and cookies. Then I do a normal program shutdown and restart, and it's good for awhile, until I have another game to "watch."

Paul B. Gallagher