rjkrjk wrote:
win7/64, SM 2.48

attempted to log on to my router (Netgear AC1900/R7000) using the all of
the following
standard netgear address
10.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, routerlogin.net

NONE work....and I get an 401 Error,   unauthorized

however, when using FF 56, I have NO Problem accessing the router
using routerlogin.net or 10.0.0.1 ( the 192.168.x.x both time out)

the 401 error message
Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the
correct authentication

does even have the netgear standard 2 line sign in box, I'm not
supplying an passwords
just typing the netgear url,
where is SM looking in order to get the correct authtication

I have cleared cache, removed the 192.168.x.x passwords

not really sure if Seamonkey is at fault here,   comments appreciated !

---
http://www.avg.com

You're not alone, I started getting the same thing with my home router. Until I saw this, I thought it was just my model of device. If you clear ALL your cookies and ALL cache, it'll work fine. But only once: the next time you try you'll get the 401 error again, until you clear ot all your old data.

I'd love to know what this answer is, as well. Every time I have to clear everything out, the wife has to log into her pages manually again.