Patrick Bégou wrote:
I had also such a problem some weeks ago after a seamonkey upgrade. It
seams to be a bug in seamonkey.
Try to connect without the mail window of seamonkey open.
For me it works.

Patrick

Lee a écrit :
On 10/7/17, rjkrjk <rjk...@optonline.net> wrote:
win7/64, SM 2.48
wireless, rj-45 ethernet connection to your netgear router or ???

attempted to log on to my router (Netgear AC1900/R7000) using the all
of the
following
standard netgear address
10.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, routerlogin.net
don't use routerlogin.net -- it works only if the netgear is your dns
server
which it probably is, ok, but do you check which wireless network
you're connected to before entering the userid/password?

& while we're on the topic:
username: admin, pasword: password
that got changed when you first connected the netgear to your network
- right?

NONE work....and I get an 401 Error,   unauthorized
have you looked at
https://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27199

if nothing there helps,
   if not already, connect your pc directly to the netgear with an
ethernet cable, turn off wireless on the pc & try again
   create a new SM profile & try again

however, when using FF 56, I have NO Problem accessing the router
using routerlogin.net or 10.0.0.1 ( the 192.168.x.x both time out)
You're using FF & SM on the same machine?

the 401 error message
Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the
correct
authentication

does even have the netgear standard 2 line sign in box, I'm not
supplying an
passwords
just typing the netgear url,
where is SM looking in order to get the correct authtication
You could always install wireshark
   https://www.wireshark.org/download.html
and see what's actually happening.

I have cleared cache, removed the 192.168.x.x passwords

not really sure if Seamonkey is at fault here,   comments appreciated !
I have a netgear at home also.  No problems getting in using seamonkey.

Regards,
Lee

Eureka! It is/must be something in SM, because I can confirm that I can once more log into the router, even after having gotten the 'unauthorised' web page, just by closing my mail client and refreshing the web page.

FYI: I am logging into a (Billion) BiPAC 8900AX2400 router through an RJ45 cable connection (this PC doesn't have/use wireless). There is no 'logoff' link in the router interface, so the only way to disconnect is to close that browser tab/window.

I guess this rates an entry in Bugzilla?