On 11/8/2017 at 7:59 AM, Richard Owlett created this epitome of digital genius:
On 11/08/2017 01:14 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
[sniped]

*UNFORTUNATE RESULT*
Every time I select a file with the ".eml" extension I get stuck in an
infinite loop of opening instances of SeaMonkey. Must then use
Ctrl-Alt-Delete to escape and shutdown.

What do I do now?

Could you have inadvertently established SeaMonkey as the "helper
application" for .eml files? If so, SeaMonkey would call SeaMonkey would
call SeaMonkey..., right?

See under Edit | Preferences | Browser | Helper Applications.

That's just what I did [dang it ;]
I guess what I'm looking for is an email VIEW ONLY program.

Why not Save As and choose .txt file? That's what I do with emails/news posts that I want to save. Click and they open in my default text editor.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/