cyberzen wrote:
Mason83 a écrit :
On 23/11/2017 22:35, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
cyberzen wrote:
hello

when I want to see a video in dailymotion, I can hear the sound, but the
image remains black
no problem with firefox

http://

Stupid useragent string sniffing.

1) Enter url:
about:config

2) Search for
general.useragent.override

2a) If does not exists then create string value key

3) set key to:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/57.0

4) Go to video on www.dailymotion.com in new tab or window

5) Watch video play.

6a) Complain to web developers of site

6b) Consider never going back to their site

6c) Or install useragent switcher entension

6d) Use Firefox when going to www.dailymotion.com

You are right!

I know one person working at DM, let's see if they can do
anything about that :-)
Regards.

many thanks to all for kindly replying
and also for the accuracy of those replies

It is not only user-agents about which they are fussy. I had to disable uBlock Origin as well to get a video to play. They do seem to like iOS, though. I had no problems with using Dolphin browser on my iPad.