Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
null wrote:

Been running SM for many years and currently using 2.49.1 without any problems. I have used password manager for years without any problems.

However, a couple of versions back I had to log in for the first time at an organization's site, but SM would not offer to save the ID and password details for me, and still not on subsequent occasions. The help desk people at the organization suggested that I might have accidentally clicked on "never save password." I don't think I did, but when I went to check this out, something seems amiss.

If you did, go into the Data Manager, choose "Permissions Only," and scrolls through the list for the website in question. Select it and you should see a pref listed on the right, "Save Passwords" with the option "Block" selected at the far right. Select "Allow" and that should enable you to save a password on your next visit.

If you haven't blocked passwords for this site, your problem lies elsewhere.

Thanks for the to about Permissions. Unfortunately, it seems that the site in question makes no entries of any sort in the Data Manager at all. That is, there is no entry for this site in any of the Data Manager categories. Hence, there is nothing to unblock.