NFN Smith wrote:
Daniel wrote:
There is an ongoing situation in this, and I guess other Mozilla support groups, where some "Italian" person is posting messages, in Italian, complaining about Italian Criminal activities.

I've created a filter in an attempt to "remove" these posts before I have to read them. I've picked out five words, including "PEDOFILO" and marked them "Mark as Read" and "Ignore Thread", but today, one of those messages is still visible, i.e. Unread, ... well, was, until I clicked on it!!

Is it just me that is having problems with these posts or are others seeing posts which should have been invisible as well??

I have a filter that's working well, and I'm not seeing any of that garbage.

I have about 8-10 words that are commonly used in subject lines, where I have the filter set to "Match any of the following, and then the Action section set to "ignore thread".

When you're doing this kind of filter, the easiest mistake to make is that the default setting is "Match all of the following", and you need to make sure it gets set to "Match any of the following".

Smith
My filter contains these words:
PEDOFILO
ASSASSIN
PERVERTITO
PEDERASTA
BASTARDO
MAFI
PORNO
CRIMINALE
PEDOPHILE
NAZI

Along with NSN Smith's advice, I also have 'Match any of the following' selected, and I have 2 actions selected: 'Ignore Thread' and 'Delete Message'. I don't see any of that stuff any more; can't recall how long it's been since I have seen it.