Lee wrote:
On 12/24/17, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com   wrote:

Enabled plugins are:
* VLC Web Plugin
* Adobe Acrobat
* Java(TM) Playform SE 8

You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din.

Have you seen   https://www.securityfocus.com/bid/102214/discuss
   A remote attacker can exploit this issue to cause a
denial-of-service condition. Given the nature of this issue, attackers
may also be able to execute arbitrary code, but this has not been
confirmed.

   VideoLAN VLC version 2.2.8 and prior are vulnerable.

Thanks. I hadn't seen that one. It's not particularly clear what the impact actually is though... "denial-of-service" could just mean it causes VLC to crash or hang, or it could use all available memory and slow the whole system to a crawl. The (unconfirmed) potential for arbitrary code execution is more concerning.

Probably should have mentioned that I have plugins set to "ask to activate" (although just noticed that VLC is "always activate"; I'll change that). NoScript also blocks plugins on untrusted sites (so should have been safe even with VLC always activate, but I wasn't intending to rely on that).

--
Mark.