Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Cecil Bankston wrote:

I use SeaMonkey 2.49.1.  The video at the following URL loads but will not play:

http://dl.allaboutbirds.org/2017-ye?utm_campaign=2017%20Year-End%20Campaign&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=59650819&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--2dmFFsyufmNBCtviwH9uAA-nUXAVoUe23xGXmwTwrtJtGgUq6im9G4RSaiFMHR1vNidrGQYWFfKD3VeAcdF88vhUaHQ&_hsmi=59650819

I can scroll through the video with the time bar, but clicking the play button has no effect.  Is some addon required to play Vimeo videos?

I use NoScript, but I have allowed all scripts on that page.

WFM -- started instantly on command (didn't autoplay -- I clicked the play button).

"This is Gerrit Vyn. I've just returned from Snettisham, England, where I witnessed something truly extraordinary: one of the largest gatherings of red knots in the world."

I began by disabling all video plugins (Flash, Shockwave, VLC) to make sure they weren't required. But I didn't disable AdBlock Plus.

SM 2.49.1, Win7 Pro SP1.

I tried again after clearing cache and still got no result from clicking play button. All video plugins are enabled. I couldn't find a setting relating to autoplay (though I prefer not to have videos autoplay anyway). I use Windows 10, if that makes any difference.

--
C. Bankston