I use AM-Deadlink v4.7 to keep my bookmarks current. It works very well with SM, and ID's which bookmarks are out of date or dead very quickly.

Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm using
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
Build identifier: 20170706221455
on a Debian 9 system.

Over the years my bookmarks have grown topsy turvy. I currently have
over 400 folders nested at least 3 deep (no idea how many bookmarks).

I find the "Manage Bookmarks" option too cumbersome.
I experimented with an "export as HTML, edit HTML, import HTML"
sequence. It is doable but sub-par.

Is there a newbie friendly tool to do a "backup as JSON, edit the JSON,
restore from edited JSON file" sequence.

I've not done any significant coding since using dBaseII and 8080
assembler in the 70's.

TIA