Lee wrote:
Is there any way to move the extensions?  I have a number of converted
ones and Stylish has several different user styles.  It will be slow
doing to have to install each one and convert the ones that need it and
copy the codes for User Styles.

Rather than use mozbackup, I've always just copied my
   C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey
folder to the new machine.

Although I have long been a fan of Mozbackup, it's no longer under development, and the developer's web page indicates that there's an increasing number of things in the Mozilla architecture (even before Quantum) that the last version doesn't account for.

Seamonkey (and for that matter, Thunderbird) may still be close enough to the expectations that Mozbackup has, that you might be able to use it to move to a new machine, but you would need to be prepared for the possibility of problems in the profile on the new machine.

It is fairly simple to copy a profile, as noted above. Re-ambiguating, the location, the location that will work on both machines is %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Seamonkey, and if you copy the entirety of the Seamonkey folder, that will grab all your profiles (if you have more than one), and put them into folders with identical names. And you should do that before launching Seamonkey for the first time (and bypassing the initial start of the profile manager).

This approach will get *all* your Seamonkey data, including prefs, bookmarks, mail stores, address books, server configs, and extensions. About the only thing that Mozbackup accomplishes is that that one gives you the ability for more granularity of what you back up or restore, and it saves you from having to root around in your file system, of finding the right folder(s) amid hidden folders, the specific names used in system user IDs, or environment variables.

Although you're not asking the question, if you're wanting to move to Seamonkey on a Linux platform, you could copy all your data to $HOME/.mozilla/seamonkey -- it's that portable. And it's also possible to do the same thing with Mac, although I'm not fluent enough with Mac that I remember the exact location and environment variable used.

Smith