Daniel wrote:

On #2 #3, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:

In one of my UseNet groups, some messages are posted using Arabic Characters in the Subject: and/or From: fields. I have been able to filter out some of them because that some posters post using "normal" characters in the From: field. But some have Arabic Characters in the From: field as well.

So is it possible to set up a filter based on the posting Character Set? Or is there some other way I might be able to filter these messages??

You could filter on Body contains "ال‎" (al-, the definite article) or some other common string. If you supply several and say the message must match any one of them, that should work pretty well.

O.K., I was just thinking Subject: and From:, but I guess Body: should work as well! Although, as I've never actually looked at the messages, I guess their content *is* also in Arabic!!

Here's a top-10 list (you can select a longer list if you like):
<http://www.101languages.net/arabic/most-common-arabic-words/>

Paul B. Gallagher