On 3/7/2018 1:36 PM, Steve Dunn wrote:
On 2018-03-07 12:13, Hawker wrote:
I am currently using User Agent Switcher.

I've never used that extension so I can't help you with it.  But it's not the only way to fiddle with the user agent string.

What I mostly want to do is have all Google domain use default to the current FireFox UA as much of Google does not work properly with Seamonkey's UA but works fine when I switch it. I can't see how to lock that in with User Agent Switcher. I want everything else to default to Seamonkey.

In about:config, you can create per-domain/site custom user agents. Create a string named general.useragent.override.{domain} and set its value to the string you want.  For instance, if you want example.com to think your user agent is "Bogus/1.0 Fake/20180307" you'd create:

general.useragent.override.example.com = "Bogus/1.0 Fake/20180307"

Give it a shot and see if it helps.  It won't do anything for your second question since that involves easily switching user agents, but it might at least work for the first question.

-Steve

Thank you - this sounds like my best solution so far. Will try Monday.