null wrote:
IRRITATING SPAMMER wrote:
null wrote:
Have had increasing problems playing video in SM for a long time now.
Getting the latest SM version doesn't help. Seems it all stems from
ongoing, behind-the-scenes jostling between flashplayer, WEBM and the
HTML5 player. Currently I can't play anything on Facebook or Instagram,
and many news sites have video that won't play. The latest nonsense on
many news sites is a message saying "This video could not be loaded -
crossdomain access denied". No idea exactly what that implies.

Are other SM users having these sort of problems?

I was googling around and found something for
"Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied"
(not that the solution made sense to me) so I have to ask: did you
change the error-message before posting it here?

I think that "M3U8" was part of it, at least on some occasions, but the
key part is the reference to "crossdomain access".
Some of the people who had that error were using something called PleX
and had to change a setting, this seemed to be independent of the
actual browser used.

If you saw M3U8, that appears to be just as important as the "crossdomain access denied". Google the entire string above - including the double quotes - and see what applies.

--
cogito ergo spam