Richmond wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Richmond wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Richmond wrote:

I have SM set to view the message body as plain text. But it does not
show attachments. At least it did not show some in a forwarded message
from an apple mail client. Is this what we want? It could at least say
that there are attachments without trying any further interpretation.

Not sure what you mean "show attachments," but there are a couple of
ways for you to detect that a message contains an attachment.

None of those options work if you have View Message Body As Plain Text.
It is as if there are no attachments, no paperclips, no save as options,
nothing. At the very least I would thing plain text would include vision
of the attachment headers, although that would be a rather messy way of
doing it.

I tested your claim here with messages originally written in HTML and
with messages originally written in plain text, and in all cases the
options I described worked as expected. I tested with View Message Body
As Plain Text and with View Message Body As Original HTML, and it made
no difference.

SM 2.49.2, Win7 Pro SP1, SeaMonkey Default Theme.

It seems that some attachments do work, and some don't. In this instance
it is a forwarded message (i.e. forwarded to me from someone with an
apple client who received a message with attachments).

The message and its attachments display OK in Gmail webmail, and also on
my Iphone mail client.

From what I understood from using Thunderbird, attachments are removed from messages before forwarding them.