This will not work. You would need to reinstall all programs and copy your old profile data. Best would be to clone the system and c: partitions to the new SDD. Then do the Win 10 install and opt for keeping all data. Chances are that Win 10 will trash half of it anyway :) You can leave you old hd untouched in case something goes wrong.

I never thought I would find a good word for 8.1 but 10 is a pile of junk and 8.1 with classic shell far superior.

If you plan to install the latest Win 10 1803 wait for SeaMonkey 2.49.4. 2.49.3 is based on 52.7.3 and the 1803 fix is only in the emergency release 52.7.4 and up.

FRG

dirk wrote:
I intend to install an SSD and keep my current HDD for storage and possibly (most likely) program/app launch location.

So, what I want to do is install a new SSD, install W10 on that drive, and keep my current HDD untouched. Well I will remove Windows 8.1 files of course. I'm not sure if drive letters will be changed when I do that.

I guess booting needs to be done from drive C:\ ?

In the case the drive letter for my current HDD would change, The question here is if I need to do something to Seamonkey to keep it running reliably, and finding the message base. The drive letter will be changed I guess, unless we can boot standard from ANY drive specified?