Wed, 6 Jun 2018 17:26:10 -0700, _David E. Ross_:
On 6/6/2018 3:28 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/5/2018 9:26 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 19:48:41 -0700, I previously wrote in part:

I have tried two different extensions for doing a restart of SeaMonkey. Neither quite provided the capabilities I want.

I tried Restart Application Button 53.0 at <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/restart-application-button/?src=ss#id=690692>. When I used it, SeaMonkey restarted with a Web page that I had left and not the last Web page I visited. If I had several tabs open but closed before selecting the Restart button, SeaMonkey restarted with those tabs open again.

Not sure if it might be realted but – do you have "browser.sessionstore.interval" customized?

You seem to be correct. I had that set at 5 minutes instead of the default 15 seconds. I am again trying Restart Application Button 53.0. Resetting does not go as far back into history as it did before I reset browser.sessionstore.interval to the default.

I've asked as I have it customized like that and noticed quite awhile ago the same effect with normal restarts (I don't have experience with restart extensions). I think no matter the interval the session should be always saved upon exit, but there might other reason for not doing so.

Unfortunately, Restart Application Button 53.0 does not restore the
JavaScript default (enabled) for tabs.  I am looking for an extension
that restores my default setup.  The global default for JavaScript is
controlled by the preference variable javascript.enabled.  However, it
seems that the tab default for JavaScript is NOT controlled by a
preference variable.

Restart Application Button seems to operate in a manner that does not
completely replicate terminating and then relaunching SeaMonkey.  While
user.js apparently is reloaded to restore my preferred settings that I
might have changed while browsing, settings that are not controlled by
preference variables are not all restored.