Mason83 wrote on 11/06/18 19:31:
On 08/06/2018 21:02, Andy K wrote:

June 30, 2018 is the deadline for disabling SSL/early TLS and
implementing a more secure encryption protocol – TLS 1.1 or higher
(TLS v1.2 is strongly encouraged) in order to meet the PCI Data
Security Standard (PCI DSS) for safeguarding payment data.

For Firefox and Seamonkey

In about:config, set security.tls.version.min to 2 to prevent
protocols lower than TLS 1.1 from being used.

Reference: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Security.tls.version.*

FWIW, one of the largest banks in France seems to be stuck
using TLS 1.0

Trying to connect to https://particuliers.secure.lcl.fr/
leads to this error message:

"""
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to particuliers.secure.lcl.fr.

Peer using unsupported version of security protocol.

Error code: <a id="errorCode"
title="SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION">SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION</a>

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the
received data could not be verified.

     Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
"""

So that's what it means!! ;-)

Each day, when I download my e-mails, SM usually filters most of them into the Trash folder (as I've set things up!). I then go through my Trash folder and send copies of those e-mails to Spamcop.net and, often, SM gives me a screen the same as yours, Mason. When I then re-send the e-mail, things usually work fine!!

Last week, I asked my ISP what was going on, and he said it was an error on their server, then I mentioned that it usually worked second time around. He replied that, second time around, it was probably getting to a different server!

Mason, did you try logging on again, i.e. clicking the "Resend" button on that Error screen?? If so, does it work, second time around??

P.S. Until yesterday, I did have TLS 1.0 enabled, along with 1.1 and 1.2, but de-selected it yesterday, and the spamcop.net site still worked and/or failed today!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623