On 6/12/2018 11:58 PM, Daniel wrote:
TCW wrote on 12/06/18 23:17:
On 6/11/2018 8:07 PM, Big Jim wrote:
As of June 19th, ebay states that they will no longer support the SeaMonkey browser because it is outdated and unsafe.  A paste of the message I received is below...

eBay

Oh No!

We noticed that you’re on an outdated web browser that may compromise your security as you shop online.

As of June 19, 2018 you will no longer be able to check out on eBay with your current browser.
Update to the latest version now so you can continue
to check out safely and securely.

Why must we continually put up with this!

Meh, not likely to do anything. Just make sure that at least Edit > Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking > Advertise Firefox Compatibility is enabled. Or just do: http://ficara.altervista.org/?p=2528

I'm using FRG's build of SM 2.53 and eBay hasn't complained to me about anything.

But be aware that even with the "Advertise Firefox" setting set, some sites still act up. Seems some now only work if Firefox is the only Browser mentioned so kick up a stink if SeaMonkey and Firefox are mentioned .... or if Firefox and SeaMonkey are mentioned.

Some, hereabouts, have suggested creating a UserAgent pref that would apply to the specific, troublesome, site.

I don't think it will completely not load. I mean, come on. Do you know how many people that would affect? It's like pointing a gun in someone's face and saying they *have* to use this browser or else. Doesn't work that way. They'll lose money and issue a mea culpa.