Ed Mullen wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
Cecil Bankston wrote:
I usually use my SeaMonkey browser to access my Cox Webmail to mark the spam messages the Cox filter misses before I download new messages with SeaMonkey Mail. SeaMonkey Mail still accesses the account normally; but recently, after I enter my address and password on the Cox Webmail sign-in page I get a new pop-up saying "Authentication Required" and "https://myemail.cox.net is requesting your username and password. The site says: “OX WebDAV”.   Even if I re-enter the username and password, the same pop-up returns, blocking
my webmail access.

Edge browser accesses the webmail page normally.

Can anyone suggest what may have changed to cause this issue and what might be done to
correct it?

My opinion:
Cox changed their access parameters.  They will of course deny it and
blame the user for an unsupported browser.  That is normal ISP behavior.

A couple of thing you can try:
Change your UI string to not show SeaMonkey at all.  The word "SeaMonkey"
   tends to confuse isp's sniffers.
Make sure SSL is not checked and only TLS 1.1 and higher is checked.

And allow cookies and javascript.

I already allow both.

--
C. Bankston