WaltS48 wrote:

On 9/13/2018 11:53 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

I prefer the simple method.

Install Gnome or Unity Tweaks and adjust all font sizes for all applications at once.

I read somewhere the ability to adjust fonts is also coming to Windows 10.

Windows has had that ability for a long time, but it's buried in detailed menus so most users don't know about it.

On Windows 7, for example:

Right-click the desktop, choose "Personalize," then "Display" from the menu at left. Or else, from Control Panel, choose "Display." From there the process is self-evident.

You can select individual items like Menu, Titlebar, Application, and Document, then select what Font (Arial, Arial Bold, etc) and Font size on Windows 7?

On previous versions of Windows, you could. On Win7, I don't see that anymore, just overall scaling.

On Windows 10 I get nothing useful if I select "Personalize".

Sorry, don't have Win10, can't guide you there.

If I select "Display Settings" after a right-click, I have a "Scale and layout" section and am able to change percentages.

That sounds similar to Win7.

I don't see anywhere to get the control that I have with Tweak Tools on Linux.

If you want that fine control, I guess you do need the add-on. Unless someone else knows better.

Paul B. Gallagher