SeaMonkey basically needs to be made HiDPI friendly. Most issues should go away then. Firefox now uses primitive simplified svg icons for almost everything and they scale ok. We need to do this and a few other things also but there are just not enough devs around.

I already got a few converted images and they were quite huge. So if we want to avoid a kiddy black and white ehh I mean clean looking and fresh modern ui this needs to be optimized further.

FRG
Richmond wrote:
In Seamonkey about:config I have changed layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to
1.7 which makes everything big enough for me to see. However there is a
problem when sending email to recipients who may not be able to receive
HTML. A dialog appears and the buttons are outside the box, so I have to
make the box bigger to see them. Are there any better ways of doing this?

I notice that with firefox 60.1.0 esr there is no longer any need to
change the above setting. Maybe that change, whatever and whenever it
was, could be reflected.