WaltS48 wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Why would I get this type of thing when Googling an auto parts web site ?

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.oreillyauto.com/"; on this server.

I have NEVER run into this kind of thing before !

I have AdBlock Plus and NoScript on my machine.
The NoScript is not red - ie nothing blocked there.

DoctorBill

Maybe the site doesn't allow connections from Windows 7 since it is at EOL unless you have Service Pack 1 installed.

<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet>

What happens if you try safe mode?

What happens if you enable Advertise Firefox compatibility?

What happens if you use SeaMonkey 2.49.4?

I tried all the "used Agents" options from the "Prefbar" and 'REAL UA" fixed it !

I do not understand what that is all about - ignorance.

I have never had a web site do this !

I have Windows 7 and it updates periodically. Didn't know there are "service Packs"
for Win 7 !  wow.

DB