wwel...@gmail.com wrote on 7/10/2018 8:18 AM:
On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 6:17:22 AM UTC-4, Daniel wrote:
wwel...@gmail.com wrote on 6/10/2018 2:21 AM:
On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 11:10:47 AM UTC-4, WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/4/18 9:13 PM, wwel...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 7:27:44 PM UTC-4, WaltS48
wrote:
wwel...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 12:29:30 PM UTC-4, wwe...@gmail.com wrote:
I use SEAMONKEY (mozilla) as a browser. In the last
few days when I click on a link in GOOGLE it goes
nowhere. But if I right click and open in NEW WINDOW I
can open it. How can I fix this? It works perfect when
I use GOOGLE in SAFARI!

Thanks.  I just downloaded 2.49.4 and no luck.  IT still
does the same thing. And I have been to those other links
also earlier today!!  It just does it when I'm on
GOOGLE!

Did any of them suggest trying a new profile?

I just downloaded, installed and started SM 2.49.4 on my
Linux computer. Typed google.com into the address bar,
clicked Enter and went to the site. Typed nas into the
search bar in the middle of the page and saw many
suggestions. Clicked the nasdaq suggestion and a page of
search results opened. Clicked the blue Nasdaq: Daily Stock
Market Overview, Data Updates, Reports & News link and the
page open in the current tab. Tested all the other blue
links on the results page and had no problem.

Hi Walt.  First of all many thanks for being so quick to get
back to me. I appreciate it.  I just did what you said and
still nothing. By the way I have a Mac Mojave 10.1.

Yes one of the guys on the SM SUPPORT FORUM suggested a new profile. I think I tried that but if you could could you walk
me through how to do this to be sure I did it right!
Again,thanks a lot.  Paul

"SeaMonkey (or Mozilla Suite) users can access the Profile
Manager from an open program window by selecting "Tools ->
Switch Profile..." from the menu."

So select "Tools > Switch Profile..." Click the "Manage Profiles..." button. Click the "Create Profile" button. Click
the "Next" button. Enter a name of you choice into the "Enter
new profile name" field. Click "Finish". Click "Use Profile".

Walt.  Actually yes that did work but how I guess I have to set
up my e mail and bookmarks again right?

Before you go any further, it might be worthwhile testing to see if
this new Profile suffers from the same problem, i.e. go to Google
and see if clicking on a link does anything!

-- Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623

Hi Daniel

Yes GOOGLE works fine in the new profile but I need to now add my
bookmarks and e mail. How can I do that?  Many thanks for all your
help.  Paul

Sorry for the delay.

It used to be that in a situation like yours, I'd recommend using a program called MozBackup to create a backup of your original SeaMonkey Profile and then import that file into your new profile ... but all I think that would do is carry your problem across into the new Profile ... maybe!!

Sorry!

--
Daniel