On 10/25/18 11:29, WaltS48 wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
.
I have just replaced Thunderbird in Fedora29 with SeaMonkey 2.49.4 and the result is generally an improvement for me. However the the addresses in the From, To, etc. listing at the top of the message text page uses colored text. I use white text on a black background and the addresses appearing dark blue, virtually fading into the black background unless I put the cursor on the line, then it becomes red text which is a little better. I would like to make that white.

Is there a line in about:config that will change that and what is the name.

Thank you,

Bob

Are you referring to the Message Header?

To:
etc.
.
Yes

That is very light grey or blue for me in SM 2.49.4 on Ubuntu 18.04.

If I change my Ubuntu theme from the default Adwaita to Adwaita-dark I can reproduce your problem.
.
That is my problem, all the themes available with a dark background look like that. I have tried all the themes listed and nothing with a dark background displays those addresses properly. It must be set somewhere in the SeaMonkey program. I have something in my notes for Thunderbird that suggests creating a css file but even then I would not know what to put in it to fix the font color in those lines without messing up everything else which is good.

I am using SeaMonkey because I can get white text on black and use some of the old extensions such as ToneQuilla which permits me to create filters with voice announcements for different received messages.
I suggest trying different Fedora themes.
I would gladly use any theme, Fedora or SeaMonkey, that fixes the problem but there are many themes listed in XFCE Appearance, none of them provide the needed font color, preferably white as in Thunderbird, for those address lines with a dark background. That is why I inquired of this list.

Thank you for responding,

Bob

<https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/User_Guide/sect-User_Guide-Customizing_the_desktop-Changing_the_theme_.html>