Nuno Silva wrote:

A few days ago, I noticed that Seamonkey Navigator does not
percent-encode spaces in the address bar.

If I select the address bar text, spaces are also not percent-encoded
when Seamonkey sets the X11 primary selection (which is how I usually
copy addresses from the browser to paste elsewhere).

Yes and no.

Yes, it displays spaces as spaces in the address bar, as you say.

No, if you copy a URL containing a space for use elsewhere, you get percent encoding, as you say:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=foo%20bar>

Similarly, <https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/황정음> displays correctly but copies as <https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%ED%99%A9%EC%A0%95%EC%9D%8C> to guarantee that even archaic browsers understand it when you paste it.

To avoid any confusion: This post is about a feature specific to SeaMonkey running on the X Window System. Some people in this group might have never heard about X11 selections - for a short
description, see:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipboard_(computing)#X_Window_System>

So my question is, why do you need the display to be garbled instead of easily readable? Do you really want to try to parse <https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%ED%99%A9%EC%A0%95%EC%9D%8C> manually instead of letting the program do it?

Paul B. Gallagher