Rob Steinmetz wrote:
Glen wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
I am running Firefox 2.48.4 on Windows 7. I have a message filter set up
so that every time I receive a message from a specific email address the
message gets forwarded to two people in my office and moved to a Local
Folder. Each action is on a separate line in the Message Filter. The
filter appears to work but every time it gets called I get a popup error
message saying "Sending Message Failed. Connection to outgoing server
smtp.xxx.net lost ...". The users both get the forwarded email.

Anyone seen this and does anyone have a solution. It's not the end of
the world but it is annoying.

---
https://www.avg.com

Q: If you completely removed the filter, along with email forwarding within the filter, do you still receive an error message when sending emails? That will at least eliminate your filter as being the cause of the problem.  Gut instinct tells me, although I could be wrong, one may not have anything to do with the other.

Sending normal email to any address using the same outgoing server works fine with no error. The error only occurs when receiving email and forwarding it using a filter.

This is a  new install. I have disabled the outgoing email check and signature, that was a mistake. But the problem goes back several versions of SeaMonkey, I just never decided to try to see if I could fix it..

What is the server through which you are having the messages forwarded to one or all of the people in your office? Do you have the password for that server?

Larry S.