Roger Fink wrote:
On 2/10/2019 10:55 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
My old free version of Malwarebytes did a "Thing" on me and
did an "Update" which installed a 14 day trial version !  I dumped it.

Been looking for the "Free" version, but can't find it.
Is it gone ?  'Free Download' is used to trick you into the 14 trial
version.

Old sites for the Original FREE VERSION just lead to the
14 day thing.  Circular.

Am I right ?

DoctorBill

MB became confusing some time back when they went from a simple scan
on demand to including every other anti-virus thing in a suite.
Download and install the free version but don't check the box for
"start 14 day trial", or what ever it says... I forgot exactly.
Also, in Setup / Application, be sure to turn off EVERYTHING,
otherwise it will continually report back to their home planet.

I cannot find the "Free Version" on Google.
Whatever Google comes up with turns out to be the 14 Day trial thing !
That is why I am asking if that is gone ?

Even the Google links that are OLDER still come up with the 14 day thing.
If I am missing something, please tell me !

DoctorBill

https://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_3/

Filehippo says it's free. There's no guarantee, but in this case I think
it is free because I use one of the 3.6.1.xxxx versions on the right and
it's free.

As I recall when I installed my version they "turned everything on". The
solution: turn everything off, and you'll have the free installation.
After the trial period is over, you won't notice the difference because
you already will have done what they were about to do.

I'm using 3.6.1, which is free