Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Default for browser.cache.memory.capacity seems to be 200000. Never hand any problems here in countless installations. Is your disk slooowwww or an AV interfering?

FRG

No, but I always have many, many tabs open, and disk cache can not replace memory cache. Furthermore, when I have plenty of memory, why force Seamonkey to use the disk cache if I can give it plenty of memory?

Decades ago when I started in the IT, I already learned that giving applications plenty of memory really helps to speed up things. I once replaced a computer system (not x86) by another one that was basically the same. Just slightly faster CPUs and more memory. I set everything up to do as much as possible in memory, and the thing went 11 times faster than it predecessor.

Dirk Munk wrote: