Rick & Sharon wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

In this case, it seems clear that the sender is to blame. They're using footnotes and putting the URLs in the notes, not hyperlinking them in the body text.

OK Paul, can you decipher the other one I had this with?  Here's the beginning of the html area after the mail headers:

That was followed by a lot of formatting and content, leading to the code below.  On-screen was a green rectangle with the words 'Renew Now' centered.  That link also didn't work.  In the code below was a URL which included a token specifically for me to access my account at AVG--I've removed that part of the URL, but the 'Renew Now' is in the last section of text quoted.

<a class=3D"cta" href=3D"
   http://www.avg.com/cart?addtocart=3Dgsr.0.0.0.12&identifier=3<<snipped>>
" style=3D"text-align:center;font-size:16px;line-height:18px;color:#3da32e;= margin:0 auto;-webkit-text-size-adjust:none;text-decoration:none;display:in= line-block;padding:0;padding-top:15px;padding-bottom:15px;width:180px;" tar= get=3D"_blank"><font color=3D"#3da32e" face=3D"Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif"=  size=3D"3" style=3D"font-size:16px;line-height:18px;color:#3da32e;text-dec= oration:none;"><span style=3D"font-size:16px;line-height:18px;color:#ffffff=

Does this suggest anything?

That much looks like a valid link to me (fair warning: I'm not a web designer, I could've overlooked something)...

Are you using an ad blocker that would prevent SM from honoring your click and going to the linked page?

Paul B. Gallagher