Daniel wrote on 07/12/2019 08:46 AM:
David E. Ross wrote on 12/07/2019 1:04 AM:
On 7/10/2019 11:32 PM, Daniel wrote:
A couple of days ago, one of my UseNet groups, alt.tv.red-dwarf,
received eight messages (Yeah!!) but when I looked at the group they
were all "Solution Manuals" messages posted by 'marcdemo...@gmail.com'
(Boo!)

I initially set up a filter just for the "From" "Contains" 'marcdemoura'
and ran the filter on that one group. No change.

The next day, when the messages still had not been filtered, I altered
the filter entry to include the full "From" "Contains"
'marcdemo...@gmail.com' but still the messages are not being set to

So are filters working correctly in SM 2.49.5??

I think filters do not work on newsgroup messages already downloaded.

When you set up a filter, at the bottom of that screen you can select a particular newsgroup ("Run selected Filter(s) on") and then click the "Run Now" button.

It has worked previously, but not now ... at least for me!! ;-(

:-( ;-)

--
Gerard-Jan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
        -- Albert Einstein

Fedora 30
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816