Paul in Houston, TX wrote on 07/21/2019 06:44 PM:
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
Wes Stokes wrote:
When my wife tries to send an email or forward something in SeaMonkey
she keeps getting a block that says "Login to server: smtp.west.cox.net
failed, then under that are three smaller blocks giving the option to
"Retry, "Enter New Password", Cancel. I have entered new passwords and
it still won't work. My account works just great. I have checked the
settings as well as I can, (not a "Techie"). Can anyone help me with
this problem???

Wes

Outgoing SMTP port 465
Incoming port 995

See this site for Cox settings:
https://support.postbox-inc.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003096153-Email-Settings-for-COX

This looks to be an "Outgoing" problem only and I see the required
settings are identical for IMAP and POP.
Is there any significance in "smtp.west.cox.net" being used, rather than
"smtp.cox.net" or is that just an internal mapping?

idk the answer to cox west question.
I use ATT.

i use google an duck duck go

--
Gerard-Jan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
        -- Albert Einstein

Fedora 30
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816