Frank-Rainer Grahl:

>https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_Thunderbird_build

That one I had discovered yesterday via Ixquick and it was very useful
because it mentioned and linked to Mercurial bundles. I was desperate
because determining the reason why my builds failed proved nearly
impossible and I wished to test with a fresh source.

Cloning mozilla-central failed at the stage of getting files. What a
blessing that there were the bundles. :)

It emerged that indeed the old source was corrupt, caused by
"./mach bootstrap --no-system-changes" which was recommended in
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird.

Now I could search for the original bustage. With "./mach configure".
Success. I have successfully built TB-Trunk and SM-Trunk. SM-2.53 and
SM2.57 must wait because Bill's site is down.

The real cause is a Bug in Build-Config in TB and SM. Too early to file
it, needs more investigation and perhaps a patch.

Hartmut