Thomas Pamin wrote:
I'm getting a lot more messages on web sites than I used to to upgrade my browser. My general.useragent.override string is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0

Can I change this so I get less nags to upgrade?

If you're already using general.useragent.override, you might want to change it the setting to:

  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0

Optionally, you could continue to show Seamonkey by adding Seamonkey 2.53.1 at the end of that string.

I'm still running 2.49.5 as my primary browser, but I am running 2.53.1 on a virtual machine, and seeing good results, although I don't use it extensively.

I've also set general.useragent.override.google.com to show Firefox 68 to Google, and that gets rid of the odd display that Google shows otherwise. I've also done similar with a couple of financial institutions that insist on pushing upgrades, as well.

Most of the time, what's triggering issues is not the presence of Seamonkey in the UA string, but Firefox versions below 60. And as the transition of Firefox 60esr transitions to Firefox 68esr, I think it likely that we'll start seeing more sites pushing for upgrades out of Firefox 60.

Smith