I feel that seamonkey is wonderful for my uses -- but unfortunately know zero about programming at this stage in life, and don't even know how to help support it. I do know from the messages I've read, that there are so many obstacles in place regarding conversion changes, that it has been rather impossible to be able to do this.

Is there any hope in sight for a new version?

I'm having problems just getting some stuff to work these days, that I'm having to do a lot of workarounds... some work and some do not.