I recently was forced to update my Adobe Acrobat Reader from v11 to v2019.021 (Reader DC) because I encountered an important .pdf file which wouldn't open in the older version.

I also have the Adobe Acrobat Plugin v19.21 activated on SeaMonkey v2.49.5.

Ever since installing the Acrobat Reader update, I've been having intermittent problems opening .pdf files in SeaMonkey. Sometimes the page will say "done", but the display will be blank. Sometimes re-loading the page corrects the problem, but not always. If I save the page to my desktop as a .pdf file, Acrobat Reader will open it in its own window.

I went into Preferences->Helper Applications and changed the settings to "Use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC". Now when I click on a .pdf file in a web page, the file opens properly but in a separate Acrobat Reader window. I would much prefer to have it open as before in the SeaMonkey window. How do I do that? Thanks!

John
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.