Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

I just tried a few WG9S versions.  That cost me my bookmarks file. But I always backup before trying anything new, so no loss, just nuisance.
If a recent 2.53 cost you your bookmarks you have other problems.

Read again.  It was a WG9S.

Downgrading 2.53 will also kill the bookmarks db and is 100% unspupported.

I have been bouncing between various versions since early SM 1X. I currently have six 2X versions on the HDD. The only issue I have been aware of is the 1X-2X transition. Are you saying that once I run 2.53 I cannot run anything lower?

Bookarks will be recreated from a backup but if these are bad too the bookmarks are gone.

I don't depend on Mozilla to recover data.

Ray