alexyu wrote:
The ability to report the size in data manager is no longer there. Clearing still works but some new storage types need to be accounted for too. Something which will be fixed later.

FRG

But the main question I see is whether this storage (or "these storages", since there are several) should be cleared or not, and when/why?

The reason why you should be able to clear them, is related to "privacy", and also reducing garbage in the profile. The SeaMonkey interface indicates that you can check the size, and also that you can clear them down, but my original post (and David's post above) indicates that when you press "clear" in SeaMonkey, they don't get deleted.

However, Frank says above that "clearing still works", so it's a bit confusing.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)