Richard Owlett a écrit :
> On 02/22/2020 06:23 PM, MRoss-GMX wrote:
>> [SNIP]
>> Once updated for the 64bit laptop and 2.49.5, youtube still complained
>> until I added Firefox/52.0 compatibility. So youtube still works under
>> the older Firefox/52.0 ; I will keep Firefox/62.0 in mind for future
>> need though. Thanks.
>>
>> Still I don't like needing that, I would prefer Seamonkey to be more
>> respected and accepted. If only it could be loaded as an option in
>> many repositories/kiosks associated with Linux distributions, like
>> Firefox and other browsers are. Even if an older version, a user could
>> find it, install it, update it after installing the distro.
>
> It was in the Debian repositories. IIRC there was some conflict official
> Mozilla policy and Debian policy/procedures.
>
>> Put it in
>> users face anyway, somehow. The Play Apps Store routine works.
>
> I run the x86 flavor of Debian. The installation from
> [https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.49.5/linux-i686/en-US/seamonkey-2.49.5.tar.bz2]
> was *TRIVIAL*!
> Download, unzip, point to executable, ENJOY.

        Add in /etc/apt/sources.list this line

deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all
main

hilbert:[~] > dpkg-query -l | grep seamonkey
ii  seamonkey-mozilla-build                       2.49.5-0ubuntu1
              amd64        Mozilla Seamonkey, official Mozilla build,
packaged for Ubuntu by the Ubuntuzilla project.

        JKB