What Ever a écrit :
jcteyssi...@gmail.com wrote:
Le vendredi 17 avril 2020 18:32:10 UTC+2, Ray Davison a écrit :
Most of the email lists I subscribe to, "reply" goes to the list.  But
on a few - like this one - it goes only to the person that posted the
message being replied to.  So I reply and wonder why it didn't post.  So
I use "reply all" and delete the person and leave the list address.

On one list it was explained as a function of the list server and to
live with it.  Is that as good as it gets?

TY
Ray

So...
to reply here i have to open browser, go to groups.google.com, log in, browse right here and publish something (like right now). If in "mail and group" i try to reply to news.mozilla.org, i am getting message "this account support only mails. Going ahead groups will be ignored".
clicking "OK" and he message is not sent "no destination specified".
I guess something is set wrong or i did not understand something.
Outging sever is smtp all all is fine since years since more than 20 years with it and mails. I try groups recently (less than on year)and never successed to reply directly from "mails and groups"

I get that if I try to send from a mail account; SM only lets me send to newsgroups from accounts that are classified as news accounts. I had to create a separate account with type=news (years ago when I first joined mozilla.support.seamonkey).

HTH
trying after updates of configuration