EE wrote:
G. Ross wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/21/20 10:17 AM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
G. Ross wrote:
Recently installed v 2.46.  With the previous version I had two desktop icons.  One was ****Seamonkey.exe -browser and the other was ****Seamonkey.exe -mail. The one for mail works as usual but the other one opens the browser then the mail windows.  It will not allow the -browser part.  Is there another way to open only the browser window?

Look in about:config for
general.startup
and set what you want to start as TRUE.
I have mine set for browser only.

Why not just use Edit > Preferences > Appearance and set "When SeaMonkey
starts up, open" and check "Browser"? It does the same thing.

If I do that, it will only open the browser and cannot get into the mail.  Also, the "seamonkey.exe -mail" will not work. Guess I'll just close the mail pane when I want to use the browser to do a Lookup.

Do you not have the icons at the left end of the status bar for browser,
mail & newsgroups, composer, address book and chatzilla?

Yes, and it works fine. My original complaint is: I had two icons on my desktop, one for browser and one for mail. This no longer works and I miss it.