On 2020-05-25 21:09, Hawker wrote:
Since updating to SM 2.53 I'm having "helper app" issues.
The most annoying is that PDFs no longer open in the browser. Going to the helper app, I set it to open in SM or always ask but it stays on always ask. I seem to remember reading this this version was going to break a bunch of legacy plug ins. Could this be that?

I can't say for sure but at some point (either 2.49 or 2.53; I don't recall which) I found that trying to view a PDF attached to an email would open a blank window. If I close the window and try again, it works. For me, it's an annoyance, but a minor one, so I'll deal with it.

        Dunno if that information helps much, but at least it's another data
point.

-Steve